A tip for you

...and a horrifying glimpse at my non-ideal life in India as I researched my Lifestyles in Early South Asia, from my journal of the time:

-- if you actually want to relax, don't study German all morning. But I enjoyed discovering, while looking for a German magazine, a fascinating new French magazine! With easy reading and lots of pictures, so that part wasn't work!


Unfortunately India was out in full swing though, with a crazy old man out in front of the house staring in the library windows whom the guard had to chase away, and a crazy woman he was too polite to chase away, who arrived at my door with the horrible remark that she was threatening to murder her nieces and nephews! The one who came with her appeared to be insane also -- she kept LICKING our door! I've done what I can to protect these kids...but of course with these experiences had trouble sleeping, and today in settling down to my almost-always-calming work. 


Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India