Going home

One last glimpse at life in India, as chronicled in your researcher's journal very near the end of my long sojourn there, as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...

We're GOING HOME! To America! After almost 14 years researching and writing here, I'm ready to get to a safe, civilized library in my country which I love even more after all these years. I'm packing an apron to dust off stuff in our home back there...

An international move is very complicated, and I'll be doing a lot of work on that. Even after arrival in America, only some work can continue before our stuff arrives there. My Sanskrit dictionary won't fit in my suitcase, let alone other books I need.

But I'll be happier, surely! I don't talk much at ALL about it here, but there is a ridiculously terribly high amount of violence here that has plagued us more and more over the years.
...and posted a week later:
Just found out that all but maybe one of my language books simply will not be able to arrive until mid-October at the earliest. So I'll be doing what I can but won't be able to get farther along in my goals on this site. But I surely have lots I can do with the zillions of journals and books available to me digitally and soon in the USA! Plus editing...

And I of course will have the pleasure of working, for the first time since we lived in New York, in a calm, clean, safe, beautiful environment!! I can barely even write this right now as I'm still in India and the smoke is so bad that I can't stop coughing, and the noise is deafening and of course totally distracting! Mind you, this is with closed windows and stone walls 2 feet thick!

Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India