A welcome history of some long-lost periodicals

I finally "met" Alison Adburgham, who has written on subjects right up my time-traveling alley! She's written on histories of shops (such as her Shopping in Style: London from the Restoration to Edwardian Elegance)!

and also on long-forgotten periodicals -- I love this from her foreword to Women in Print: Writing Women and Women's Magazines from the Restoration to the Accession of Victoria:

This book should be regarded as rescue work. It salvages from pre-Victorian periodicals from the limbo of forgotten publications, and exhumes from long undisturbed sources a curious collection of women who, at a time when it was considered humiliating for a gentlewoman to earn money, contrived to support themselves by writing, editing, or publishing... sometimes even supporting husbands and children as well...The women who emerge make a motley gallery; but over the years that I have been getting to know them, they have won my respectful affection. More, indeed. To me they are all heroines...