A glimpse at a weird menu during my writing days in India

A glimpse at life in India, as chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...


It's 4:30 on a Friday and I'm going to sign off; on Fridays I usually stop work early. Did 5 sites today, 3 completely and 2 that require a better library to finish. I'm a little distracted because somebody's digging up our road, and the elephant god noise keeping me awake for hours every night is continuing. Notice how controlled I was not mentioning that until now? But now it's telling; I'm tired. Dinner is easy at this point though so I feel very virtuous; I already made a Korean eggplant side dish, Korean radish kimchi, and Chinese cucumber pickles, all to serve coldish; we'll also have Japanese seaweed crackers and Thai canned mackerel in a sauce. How's that for a pan-Asian buffet that would probably horrify any purist?
Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India