German fun

Notes after an emergency trip in 2010 when my very dear dad was in the hospital -- in 2017 he's doing fabulously!

At least one happy work-related thing happened on the trip: The only seat available from India was through Germany, and I found a couple great books there to help me with my studies. That and French were all I did work-wise on my emergency trip.

One book I got was the first German dictionary I can actually read -- I bought my other dictionaries (a huge and a portable) about 20 years ago and my eyes have aged! This is one made for Germans to learn English, so it has some interesting features for me. I read somewhere that it can help to have such a dictionary, as explanations themselves give you reading practice.

I also found with these books that I could start dipping into real magazines! I tried the German wellness magazine Vital whose June (Juni) 2010 issue came with all sorts of free stuff like a booklet on relaxation -- something I found useful in that stressful time!