Another post from Ms. Complainer

As chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...during one of the particularly difficult parts...


"I didn't whine," I said with a sniff. "I merely was voicing my disapproval of [my source's] personality, mentality, morality, and lifestyle."
 -- by the wonderful Robert Goldsborough in his Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe: Fade to Black

...Of course one shouldn't judge by one's own culture, mores, etc., and there's plenty to complain about my own culture and ethics [note from 2018: especially nowadays of my country!]. However, I can't help being disgusted by a man who preys on women -- though at the same time I truly do value what I learn about ancient lifestyles from such sources, and I hope I do a good job of using them with as much respect as I can muster in my actual writings.

As I've spent most of my morning doing all I possibly can to avoid this disgusting source, though, I think I'll do my monthly-day-off today! I totally agree with something else I read today: "Today I just need to surround myself with some beauty." From the wonderful [but now defunct] littleemmaenglishhome blog.


Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore aka Bengaluru, India