Archaeological code words and other work

As chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...

Since the century (actually 2 weeks) ago I was able to post I've done a lot of very complex archaeological sites with unusually large numbers of excavated houses, plus other sites. There were even lots of wonderful floorplans, including of stone houses I think even modern-day people would find fascinating to live in. I had fun with some 1800s journals showing how things were gradually figured out, including through good-natured arguments among linguists. One site though literally took days not so much because of much info but because it was reported by a kook who fudged evidence including dating so I had to redo a lot. When researching another site, I ran across a history book published in 2004 called Prehistory and [some Indian period of history] -- which gave new meaning to the term "prehistory"-- the author only used archaeological reports and other writings from the 1800s and very early 1900s, though far later sources are readily available. I also got back into my Sanskrit work. I also started a list just for myself (and my husband who's planning some historical fiction) of how different terms are used very differently by some archaeologists here (eg, a "bathroom" in very long-ago India in their reports is almost always only a bathing room, not a toilet-sink-bathing place combo, even when all those items exist in that time).
Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India
 Update from 2017! You may have noticed the page in this blog featuring my very much updated list of archaeological "code words" from South Asia: https://associationoftimetravelers.blogspot.com/p/archaeological-code-words.html.