Work and play and snakes

A glimpse at life in India, as chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...

In the past couple days: Have been doing a lot of complicated archaeological sites, though some are complicated only because the writing is unclear or unreliable. Also studied French. Yesterday cleaned the library quite a bit and organized a just-for-fun reading project. Also ran errands. Today indulged for a few minutes in my favorite hobby: rearranging furniture! And in my 2nd-favorite hobby: iTunes playlists! Feeling great possibly because of so much fun stuff! Also did really fun writing this morning and will try some more this evening. Not fun: yesterday the water delivery guy spied near the front porch possibly a KING COBRA and a smaller snake my husband thinks the huge snake wanted for lunch. 
Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India