My Biggest Problem

As chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...


My biggest problem in my work is...Many of my primary written sources are religious and all which too often comes with that -- abuse of women and children and warmongering come to mind -- and I am not. Thus I find the vast majority of them horrifying, or at best boring.


But the facts remain that I find the history itself fascinating, and that very little has been done in a scholarly fashion on it, so here's my chance to further some knowledge of humankind...


But sometimes I do need to remind myself: There's no need to spend ages over a written source that's horrifying; I know how to skim, how to extract the daily life details for which I am even glancing at such horrid works. I've created a reminder to take breaks when I'm in the midst of one of these crackpots' works.