A Glimpse at My Writing Life in India

A glimpse at life in India, as chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...

I for like the 2nd time in a year took my supposed-to-be-monthly day off. I finally remembered that when I don't take that day off, because I feel I'm behind or something, I end up accomplishing less because my brain is just tired or something. Though I did historiographical stuff today, as I was in the mood to read nonfiction. Unfortunately the thing that was supposed to be The Super Fun Moment of the Day Off didn't work out because the antique store I wanted to visit seems to be closed. Oh well, it always had ridiculously inflated prices anyway so I never bought anything, and apparently others caught on as well. We find lovely Indian antiques through a retired general down the street, including my cool filing cabinets -- which I always thought had to be ugly and dreadful until I met these. You can see my manuscript cabinet here, the dark rosewood one just behind my desk with the South Asian atlas and dictionaries on top of it. At the moment I'm sitting at the table with the blue lamp you can see near the window in the photo.
Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India