Of psychological disillusionment and physical explosions

Both a glimpse at life in India and my actual research of Lifestyles in Early South Asia, from hmm 2011 journals:

Finally finished a long new list of archaeological sites I made. Finally! But felt disillusioned. One of my sources I'd long regarded as Mary Poppins-esque -- practically? perfect in every way -- definitely is not. Unlike so many of my secondary sources, I thought this lady had it together, had done her homework.......until today when I finally checked her references. She'd given me a handful of the sites I wanted to check -- and lo and behold, they were MYTHICAL religious sites, spoken of in the 1700s and early 1800s as interesting literary sites, but never taken very seriously by real academics. Oh well, good to know about her (I had wondered, since the publisher of her work so often has authors with serious make-up-the-"evidence"-as-you-go-along problems). And it was good to go through such a list -- well, hers was almost completely useless, but for the great bulk of the sites to check I used the Archaeological Survey of India's newest list, which brought me somewhat at least up to date, as I hadn't checked in a year or so.

I hate being disillusioned though, and it was easier to feel frazzled after all that wild goose-chasing because a well is being dug by somebody through solid granite very close to our library and my ears are really suffering in spite of windows closed, ear protection, etc.

Hmm, and just as I was typing this up, our electrical system blew up. Twice. So I'm copying this, having turned off everything, and will post later!! Hopefully not too long from now! It's very convenient to have Mr Brilliant as a husband. Update: About 16 hours later our power is restored. And a hint for you: When in India, have a laptop with battery backup! A desktop model would have lost all unsaved data for me, because our normal TWO layers of battery backup (and FIVE layers of voltage surge and related protection) immediately turned off when this happened, but my MacBook just calmly started using its battery.

Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India