Using the Latin

As chronicled in your researcher's journal as I researched my history of early lifestyles in South Asia...



Yikes, when older English translators ran across a passage in Sanskrit or Pali that had way too much sex, they translated it only into Latin, so that kids couldn't read it (though any educated older kid could). A whole Jataka tale I just got to is completely in Latin! I've just gotten out my old Latin books to see what sense I can make of it, just to get an idea. I don't look forward to the story, judging by how gross the English stories often are, but it will be fun to use my old Latin (though I've not used it half enough so have forgotten a lot -- let that be a lesson to anybody who's studying a language!). 

Current time travel apparatus location: The Round Library, Bangalore, India